Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 3...

I love technology (can you sense the sarcasm?)! Yesterday the wireless was down and it's weird how handicapped I felt! We are now on day three and have continued hitting different aspects of working in other cultures. Today it struck me that I, like many Americans, see things as black and white, right and wrong. I've realized that I will need to adjust my way of thinking, observe this new culture, and be a learner of it. Their way of doing things may not be wrong, but simply just different. This will be interesting as I adjust overseas and learn to humbly accept these differences while adapting to their way of life. It's exciting, yet a little intimidating. How will I do giving up things that I love and a way of life that I am comfortable with?

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hmm...interesting that you wrote about that! Just a week or so ago a friend that I made while I was gone said that his goal is to live not eastern culture or western culture, but the culture of the Bible. I thought that was probably a wise way to look at it...maybe the only way to look at it without being driven completely mad! At least it's something for me to remember and work toward :)