Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My final day here...

Wow, the past three and a half weeks have flown by! I am excited to get home to share with others what I have seen here and learned about the Kosovar culture, but so very sad to leave this place. I like Peja a lot and when I meet new believers who need discipleship, it makes me want to stay to teach them what I can and build a relationship. I am stuck in the middle. What a mix of emotions!

Yesterday a group of four of us went on a huge hike up to the big lake and then to a peak overlooking it. What a beautiful sight! I can't wait to post pictures and the video clip I took of it. We're a little tired and sore today, but it was well worth the all-day excursion. After spending one last night at the camp, we drove back through the mountains into Peja this morning. As bumpy and winding as the road is, it was a great drive next to the river and between towering rocks above. It was a very sad to think that I wouldn't be on that road again soon. *sigh... Why is it that I don't start really appreciating things until I am faced with letting go of them? Funny how that works.

Today is one last day of running errands and grabbing a few things from the market. My flight is early out of Pristina tomorrow morning and eventually I will get to Detroit late in the evening to start a couple of days of debriefing. There is so much to process and think about now. Where do I go from here? Is this where God wants me? Can I handle stepping out on my own and in faith, knowing that He is in control? Or, will God simply use this experience to open my eyes to missions, the need for Christ around the world, and call me to something close to home? I have no clue... Time to pray.

No comments: